VILLAIN OF THE WEEK #1
WELCOME TO OUR BLOG'S FIRST VILLAIN OF THE WEEK POST!
Hi welcome to the first post on our blog! WE will have every week an article about villains. Each week will have a special Villain of The Week article about that character. This week's villain is a very well-known one from a popular movie. In fact, I have seen this actor preform him on Broadway.
He is...........Jafar!
Jafar is the villain in the Disney 1992 classic Aladdin. His original voice actor, Jonathon Freeman, preforms him in the Broadway production of the movie. I have actually seen it and was thrilled to see Freeman preform Jafar. Now let me tell you a bit about the story and this character.
Jafar is the advisor of Agrabah's sultan. He secretly wants to take over. With the genie lamp he can use his wish to become sultan. So after finding out that a clever thief named Aladdin is the one destined to go get the lamp from The Cave Of Wonders, Jafar disguises himself as an old man. He tricks Aladdin into getting it, but when the cave collapses Aladdin is trapped inside. Fortunately, The Genie appears and grants Aladdin his first of three wishes. The wish is for him to get out of the cave. But the Genie wants his third wish to be for him to be free! Aladdin promises so and goes to win the heart of Princess Jasmine.
Disguising as Ali Ababwa, Aladdin is let into the palace. Then he goes with Jasmine on a romantic carpet ride and wins her heart. But Jafar gets suspicious. He gets the lamp and its powers. Aladdin must use his second wish to survive the old man Jafar's attack. Aladdin must break his promise to the Genie to do something. It's a bad mistake due to enabling Jafar to take over Agrabah!
The villain of the week banishes Aladdin and makes Jasmine his slave! In a terrifying battle Aladdin defeats Jafar, marries Jasmine, frees Genie, and becomes Sultan.
What I like most about Jafar is his evilness, voice, greediness, and his evil looks. It also really made me like him even more when I saw Freeman preform him in the play. It was a total surprise when I sat down in my seat and saw Jonathon Freeman's name in the Playbill. After all, the movie is from 1992 and I saw the play in 2019 (27 years later)! Jafar also appears in Mickey's House of Villains which is where I first learned about him.
I hope you enjoyed Jafar as our Villain of the Week. Join me next time. Goodbye!
Jonathan Freeman as Jafar on Broadway.



Hi Everett,
ReplyDeleteI loved your story about Jafar, the villain of the week. What a fun idea to have a blog! The pictures you chose to show are perfect I can't wait to see who your next villain will be.
Love,
Grammy